Event: Combating Antigypsyism publication launch
Hosted by Greens/EFA, in cooperation with ERGO Network
March, 28th, 2016, 12:30-14:30
Location: JAN 6Q1
12.30 Arrival and grabbing of sandwich lunch
12.45 Opening speeches
- Welcoming statement by Benedek Javor (MEP, Greens/EFA)
- Short presentation of the publication by Barbara Lochbihler (MEP, Greens/EFA)
- Address by Dóra Husz, DG JUST, Roma Unit
13:05 Open floor exchange and discussion
- Short introduction of format by moderator: Terry Reintke (MEP, Greens/EFA).
- Open floor exchange and discussion through targeted questions put by moderator: 3 rounds, each round following up on one question, one input from panel, one pre assigned from within the audience plus audience
13:05 Round 1: Antigypsyism from different perspectives and what is already there?
- Panellist input: Jonathan Mack, Alliance against Antigypsyism, Heidelberg
- Audience Speaker: Iulias Rostas, Central European University, Budapest
13:30 Round 2: What is the role of Roma Civil Society actors?
- Panellist input: Sara Gimenez, Fundación Secretariado Gitano, Madrid
- Audience Speaker: Irina Spataru, Romano Centro, Austria
13:55 Round 3: What is the role of the EU?
- Panellist input: Gábor Daróczi, Green Workshop Foundation, Budapest
- Audience Speaker: Christel Mercade Piqueras, DG Justice, Fundamental Rights Unit
14:25 Closure of the event by MEP GREEN/EFA